Citizens Response

Posted by The J-Pop Thursday, February 17, 2011

My mobile phone, email, TV, as well as the newspaper, radio, and ads displayed downtown have all informed me that my home, Tokyo, is a predicted target for Asteroids to land. As a result, the Japan government has ordered an immediate 5 day evacuation of the city. I have reread all of the PSA's and it seems like my government is doing their very best to maintain order and calm among our people. I am fearful of my life during this evacuation since this city holds well over 12 million people and we only have 5 days to evacuate. My immediate family amounts to 4 and we are fortunate to own a car, which we will use to leave the city. I am, however, nervous that 2 days will not be enough to get out of the metropolitan via own transportation. We are less fortunate in the sense that all of our extended family and other associations resides in, or near the Tokyo area. As a result, my family and I will stay connected with our social networks to try and meet up at one of the many designated quartering areas. Our government has assured us, on paper at least, that we will be well taken care of in these quartering areas. For now, I feel overwhelmed with trying to pack up our life essentials and staying close to my family and friends. Knowing that I have my family with me is my one ray of light during this dark time.

0 comments

Post a Comment


Bringing you cutting-edge news, politics, technology, and culture from around the world.